Before Rowan was born, I thought it might be nice to have an extra changing pad cover. The kind I wanted wasn’t available anymore so I decided to make one. I ordered some miky fabric and made up a pattern. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, but I ended up with some extra fabric. Not knowing what to do with it, I shoved it in my fabric box and forgot about it.
Fast forward a few months. We noticed that Rowan was slightly more likely to fall asleep on minky than any other type of fabric so I pulled out my leftover fabric and got to work.
But Rowan has a second crib for naps and hanging out while the rest of us eat. So more fabric was ordered and a second cover was made. I’m very happy with this one and think I’m getting the hang of it.
Next minky project: Holly has requested a quilt. It may take me a while…